BlockWaste is a research project co-funded by the Internal Security Fund of the European Union that run from 1.1.2016 to 31.12.2017.
Press release on the final results has been published (21.12.2017). See final results
BlockWaste arranged the final seminar No Time to Waste on 23rd November 2017 in Brussels together with DOTCOMWaste. You can find the presentations of the event on the DOTCOMWaste website (link above).
Leaflets presenting the work packages of the BlockWaste project:
The project consortium includes three partners:
- Police University College (project coordinator, Finland)
- Transcrime (Italy)
- Tilburg University (the Netherlands)
In addition, the Police Department of Itä-Uusimaa (Finland) brings practitioners' insight to the project as an associate partner.
- to provide advanced knowledge on the most common modus operandi, routes and types of IWT;
- to identify the loopholes in the current regulation that could generate criminal opportunities;
- to estimate revenues of IWT in the 28 EU Member States in order to highlight the areas at higher risk and impact of IWT;
- to chart emerging threats in the waste trafficking sector;
- to set the ground for more effective cross-border cooperation in this field;
- to provide recommendations to EU public authorities in order to prevent IWT at EU level.